Saturday, March 14, 2015

a chance to encourage

Over the years, I've witnessed an amazing thing in the online quilting community, and that's when someone is going through a particularly difficult time, support comes out of the woodwork. Whether it's made items like a quilt or financial support, it's there. I've seen it over and over again. Which brings me to an event happening this weekend - an auction to support Stitched in Color's Rachel Hauser and family after new baby Eleni was born with some serious complications. I know Rachel best as founder and co-participant in the charity bee do.Good Stitches, and she has shared openly on her blog if you hadn't heard about what she's going through.
auction-for-eleni
As a way of adding my support to Rachel and her family, I've donated the Motley Wheel mini quilt I made a few weeks ago. Made with the new pattern by mama love quilts, it measures 20" square, and I am happy to ship anywhere.

Many handmade items, as well as beautiful fabric offerings, have been donated for the auction. It all takes place on Instagram - just follow @auctionforeleni and you'll find all the details there. The auction starts today at 4pm EST and goes for just 24 hours. So peek in on the action, and if you are so moved, consider contributing in some way. Here's a chance to support and encourage one of our own.

6 comments:

  1. This is a lovely quilt. With no time to make, I am going to shop instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly what Leanne said! So kind of you Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same for me - off I go! My heart goes out to Rachel and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's nice that quilters are pulling together for Eleni, or perhaps even more for mom who is enduring so much. Thanks for posting about this. Not all of us are in-the-know about these things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. would like to participate but do not do instagram

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely donation! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete