Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Nothing Like a Finish {Even If It's Not Mine}

Bees are alot of fun, and I seriously am so pleased every time I see one of our finished quilts! Recently there's been two and I can't wait to show them to you!

When Mary/Mary on Lake Pulaski asked for x and + blocks for our Mid-Century Modern Bee, I couldn't believe it! I had just finished 80(!) for myself. But it's a great block, and just look at it all in pink! The individual blocks measure just 7 1/2", so this quilt is baby-size, just right for one of Mary's new little granddaughters. Here's Mary's post about it.
Mid-Century Modern Bee quilt

Celeste/Celeste Johnson sent the Always Bee Learning both the fabric and template needed to make hexagon blocks. This block was different than anything I'd done before! Here's Celeste's finished quilt! Isn't it something?
Here's some close-ups - an amazing variety of placement options is available beginning with the pretty basic 60-degree triangle blocks.
So there you go! Some more inspiration for you!

10 comments:

  1. Great finishes for your bees, and both so different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! Pinks are so Good!!! I love that quilt and haven't made yet + & x. Now I think if I should make that pattern with my special Kaffe Fassett fabrics which are all pink-orange-purple-yellow! The other quilt is also fantastic! I have made some of those blocks and found then great tutorials from www.jaybirdquilts.com
    Happy sewings! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool bee quilts. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it great to be a part of someone else's quilt?!?
    You remind me that I've got to get my bee quilt done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both beautiful quilts, bees are great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary's quilt is just beautiful - I would like a king size version please! ;-)

    ReplyDelete