Thursday, May 16, 2013

May Bee Blocks

After cutting it close on timing with my bee blocks last month, I really hoped to get them taken care of in good time this month. So that's been this week's first order of business.

I figured I'd take care of what I perceived as the hardest first - the Anna Marie Horner feather requested by Susan/PatchworknPlay of Mid-Century Modern. I loved her choice of color - orange and turquoise  and I was able to find enough scraps in my basket to use each fabric just once. Good news: this wasn't hard at all! And it's big - finishing at 9 1/2"x17"!
Feather block for Susan/PatchworknPlay

Next up was FAITH Circle. Tackling Debbie/Blue.Ridge.Girl's scrappy triangles by Film in the Fridge meant another foray into the scrap basket, which was awesome - it is still SO full! These blocks finish at 6.5"x9", so we each are making 4.
Scrappy Triangle blocks for Debbie/Blue.Ridge.Girl

Considering it's my month for the Always Bee Learning Bee - which is coming along quite nicely, thank you - all I had left was That Stash Bee. Blueberry Patch Cathy asked for depression blocks. I had made these blocks once before, but very colorful and scrappy, so it was quite a switch to make them with gray and black. (We were told to "think black and white tv!") So many of my favorite fabrics in this set.
Scrappy Depression blocks

So that's it for this month - yay! Cross those off the list.

23 comments:

  1. And now you can get back to some personal sewing! I LOVE my feather! Thank you Debbie, its wonderful! And I'm glad it wasn't too stressful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the feather and scrappy triangles. They are both on my "list."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make the feathers for the bee I am in, for May as well! A very popular block! Your's looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. all gorgeous blocks as always! Glad to hear the feather block was not hard, I've been eyeing that one up myself

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks, each one. I am making bee blocks this weekend, maybe your fabrics will turn up by then too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks look great. I a similar feather block last month and thought they were so pretty even though they weren't in my colors... However aqua an orange always call out to me so yours is extra beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of your blocks are so lovely and well made! You have a great selection of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good for you! I know what you mean about the scraps...every time I think I'm making a dent, more appear!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All gorgeous - I should get on with my bee blocks, I am woefully behind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your blocks are great, love that feather!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bee blocks look amazing and the AMH feather is still one of my all time favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great blocks! Those depression ones are interesting - it almost looks like they were done in color, then changed into a B&W photo. Impressive array of scraps there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very fun blocks, Debbie! I was also quite relieved to find out how easy the feather block was when we made them for dGS. Not saying I didn't screw it up, but still...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love them all, but especially that AMH feather, so pretty and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I've also got mine done now, so I can play too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your all your blocks....the feather is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely blocks - the feather is really beautiful in the orange and aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love that feather block, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the feather, good to know that it's not too bad because it does look pretty scary!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All your bee blocks are so pretty! I'm especially taken with those scrappy triangles, which I do believe, will become my own MCM Queen Bee block for June. I'm doing my math now and plan to create a specific-sized tutorial for it. I really appreciate that you IGed and blogged about this, though! Your pics were my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am inspired by your color combination for the feathers and I really like the black and white blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such fun Bee blocks Debbie! Thanks for making such pretty scrappy triangles for our Faith Circle :) I love your feather block...I'm intrigued be this particular block.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your feather is just amazing! It's my favorite and I really love them all. :)

    ReplyDelete